Tuesday 27 September 2011

Present



When I was reading at the library, a friend of mine asked me:
NN: "Hei, Dam! So you're graduated yesterday, right? Then, what present will you ask from your parents?"
DP: "Hmm..I don't think it's me who should get a present, I guess we are the one who supposed to give them present because they afford us to get education at this level"
NN: "Hmm..I guess you're saying the right thing"
DP: "I-y-aa-h"

In my opinion, it's really not a suitable statement when you finished your school, graduated from university, or got a title, then we ask our parents for such a present of what we have accomplished. They afford our school, they pray, they use their money so we could have a good education, and also they sacrifice. So, it's not right if we ourselves that ask them again about present after all they've did.

Just imagine this situation: you helped someone to have a good career. In the end, what is the right thing? After he/she succeed, is it (a) you who supposed to give him/her present or (b) he/she who give you and thanking you? I know I'm taking this too serious, but come on, I'm just taking us into the right thinking thing.

Some of my friends get latest gadget for their graduation, some got vacation. A friend of mine even get her eurotrip from her parents. A hundred percent I'm not envy of them because of my thinking which I already told you before. 

Finishing school/university is our responsibility as a good child to our parents. It would made them proud, but bigger than that, all this education things is a responsibility that we did for the sake of ourselves. And, guys, we should thank our parents for that, we are the one who should give them present after all they gave to us.

So, Ayah dan Bunda, I'm thanking you for all of your sacrifices.
And I'm gonna give you guys a present when time is perfect.
Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hasil yang Merelakan Usaha.

Jadi dokter itu berusaha. Berusaha berpikir harus melakukan apa biar pasien sembuh, harus belajar agar tidak ada hal penting yang terlupakan...