Monday 23 July 2018

Don't worry.


It was a rough week so far. Yesterday, I was urgently needed some shots of coffee and a laid back conversation to overcome my stress. I met a friend of mine from my undergrad university in a cafe near my campus named Leiden. 

It was a good sunny afternoon and we both ordered a cup of iced coffee. We talked about two hours and I told him about some of my obstacles. Then, my friend told me some thing that I almost forgot about the past life of my university life.

My friend said: "Don't worry, you will be okay lah and you will just go through this phase. Your life is a bit miserable, but somehow I always see it interesting". My friend then continue:
"Bro, you were the frickin' only person who did not have a single laptop nor computer during our undergraduate university life! You were the only person that will submit several tasks by handwriting it down in papers while everyone who was sane and normal will of course type and print it. And you were frickin survive! So just keep going your peculiar way and beat again your obstacles. I don't know. I just have the gut that you will always find your way"
His words pushed me back to a decade ago - to some moments that I accidentally forget (or maybe my brain tried to suppress the bad experience of my life). I remember how freak I was during my university life. I did not have any computer so I did write my tasks handwritten and use computer in my campus lab or warnet because my family cannot afford one. 

At that time, I was not ashamed at all. Besides, it was the only way I know. It got me thinking how suffer I was but no sadness was left at this moment. Nowadays, It was a joke I will be laughing at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hasil yang Merelakan Usaha.

Jadi dokter itu berusaha. Berusaha berpikir harus melakukan apa biar pasien sembuh, harus belajar agar tidak ada hal penting yang terlupakan...