Saturday 17 October 2009

National University Games (POMNAS) 2009

>The past weekdays was a quite busy days for me, I had to study for the final exam for next week, got to prepare for ‘the selection’, and the most exciting part of the week is I was on the committee of the National University Games that held at Palembang. This National University Games is the 9th event that has been held, almost the entire province in Indonesia sent their best university students who also their best athletes. There are 14 sports such as athletics, swimming, karate, tae kwon do, wrestling, and I forget the rest of it.

I was worked as somekind of delegates’ manager there, each of the committee was responsible for one province, and I got Papua! Wow, I was so excited knowing that news, since I have never ever have Papuan friends at all, so in this event I guess I would finally do, and it was right.

at the karate match.
with Vanderi of West Papua and Inda of Papua.

The opening ceremony was held at the Bumi Sriwijaya Stadion, lots of student from junior high to university student came to see the opening ceremony. All of the delegates did the parade of the athletes, but the most interesting was the traditional costume that a pair of each delegate wore. The choir sang the medley of Indonesian folksongs and it added the feel of nationality at that time.

My task was picked them up at the airport, accompanied them to the hotel, drived them to the location of the match, guide them to the local place, and tell them what does the Palembang has. My friends had to work more than I since I never could leave my class at campus. That is why I don’t get the payment as same as them, but it’s no matter at all, the other things that matter for me are experience, new friends, and I could wathced several great matches

.
Me and Alex, an athletic athlet, at the Griya Agung,

I also attend the Farewell night at the Griya Agung (Governor's house), here i met the friends not only the delegates of National University Games, but also the friends from other countries because there was also International Thriathlon and Aquathlon at Palembang, i met some people from US, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Russia, and others.

Thankyuuuuu to Mr. Andre Saputra for invited me to join at this event. This National University Games (or POMNAS/Pekan Olahraga Mahasiswa Nasional) is really an interesting time! Ohya, by the way, this money payment that I get could save me to continue my final stage at the English course, Thankyuu GOD, You do help me :) love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hasil yang Merelakan Usaha.

Jadi dokter itu berusaha. Berusaha berpikir harus melakukan apa biar pasien sembuh, harus belajar agar tidak ada hal penting yang terlupakan...