Friday 18 July 2014

The Investment of Friendship


“One of the biggest investments in life is ...
having an eternal friendship”


Several days ago, I (finally) met my best friends, Ilham and Bagaskara. It has been hard to match our schedule these days, so I was freakin glad that we finally could do iftar together. We all met in Palembang. Ilham was originally lived there while Bagaskara and I were coming from Jakarta, but now we all working here on the city.

Let me tell you some virtue about my best friends. Ilham Nara is an extrovert who work as a banker  in Citibank. He could easily make a good relationship with people. He is a type of person that everyone would like to spend time with. With that gift, in less than one year, he could be one of the best banker at his office, leading his colleague that already worked there before him. He is a philantrophic at his heart. He likes to help people a lot. He always bring snack in his bag, and guess what, he likes to give that snacks to child beggar on the street.  I believe his giving virtue makes him as one of the luckiest people that I ever knew.


My other best friend is Bagaskara. He is an architect working for a firm in Jakarta. He is a super nocturnal people and a true introvert, more introvert than me. He use gadgets for business, working, and browsing only. He has no social media but twitter. But on his twitter, he only follows three people: Ilham, me, and his girlfriend. Most of his tweet is actually only a sort of his diary. He is a very good problem solver. He studied architecture but he read a lot about psychology and philosophy. When Ilham and I are confused about something, we usually come to him and he will explaine the problem kinda scientifically.

It is with these two people, I became the true version of my self. We do laughters together. We also feel happy among our moments of silence. It’s an eternal friendship, I guess.
It is important to invest something in our life. Some of us invest on jewelries, properties or stocks, for the sake of our future financial security. I do agree with that, but I believe there is also something more important to invest for the sake of our future general life. I believe the thing is friendship

The investment of an eternal friendship usually did on our youth time. It is the range of time when we are faced with a lot of people. Some of them are our school mate, campus mate, a hangout friend, friends with same hobby, or our colleagues at office. It is important to maintain some really good people as our close friend that can stick with us together as years goes by because by the time when we were getting older, we’re facing so many problems in office, family, financial, and so on, so we have less time to socialize; we also no longer meet many people like when we were young. That is why we should invest it on our youth.

An eternal friendship doesn’t have to be overly attached and hangout regularly. As we get busier, it is sometimes hard to spare time like the old times. But eternal friends will fully understand it and still feel like a close friend despite time and space.
When I was a teenager, sometimes I feel afraid to grow up friendless --Having no friends to hangout with when I am old, no place to share stories, and things alike. But fortunately, in my present time, I already know which person are my eternal friendships and I feel safer that I won’t be lonesome. It is indeed one my precious investment.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hasil yang Merelakan Usaha.

Jadi dokter itu berusaha. Berusaha berpikir harus melakukan apa biar pasien sembuh, harus belajar agar tidak ada hal penting yang terlupakan...